After 5 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I found the wonder of mothering slowly starting to get crowded out by the mundane feeling. I realized our world seems to surround people with the negative, and complaining about blessings seems totally acceptable. So I decided to fight against that "normalcy" and focus only on the positive. I look back to my first year as a mom when everything was new and keeping house was fun and I aim to have that attitude again. This blog is my outlet to showcase the daily miracles that surround me in my blessed life as a stay-at-home mom so that I will never forget the wonder of it all.



Sunday, October 13, 2013

Logan, Utah

After spending a day in Zion, we headed to Logan, Utah, arriving late in the night.  The next morning, we had a very excited boy, to awake in a city he shared a name with.  And so, even though it was raining, we set off to find anything we could with "Logan" on it.  We were not disappointed.  Time and time again, Logan and I jumped out of the car, ran through the rain in flip flops, snapped a few pics, and then ran back to the warm car where the others were waiting.  Zac started to fear the other kids would feel down because such a fuss was being made over Logan.  But sometimes, one child just needs a moment to feel extra special.  And this was one of those moments for Logan.  And it was a special time for he and I as we shared in the excitement of our hunt for anything "Logan."  And in the end, the others didn't mind at all.  Here's what we found;



Logan Tabernacle

 Overlooking Logan Canyon
 
I plan to blow this one up for his Christmas present.
 

And I plan to blow this one up big for me.
 


2 comments:

  1. So special! Thanks for sharing, Jenny! No pressure, but I can't wait to read about your other adventures during Trip Epic 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great shots! Love the one you will blow up. Good for you, mama, to make him feel special! You are so right about that. I think we tend to underestimate our children's ability to love their siblings and feel happiness for them...that is what love really is. If a person loves themselves they will love everyone around them and not envy their special days. You both are clearly are doing a fantastic job of making your kids feel loved.

    ReplyDelete